Ladakh is a travel destination that gets imprinted on almost every traveler’s mind that has ever paid of visit at this heavenly place. Bear in mind one important thing, Ladakh is not any other tourist destination; it is extremely special for a lot of reasons. With all its solitude and sereneness, it definitely makes for a wonderful holiday destination. No matter how finicky or skeptic a traveler you are, you are sure to love your Leh Ladakh trip. If that is not enough to make you feel like paying a visit to this place, then here are some other great reasons to check out. Have a look-
- Sandwiched between the Karakoram and Himalayan mountain ranges, Ladakh is a place that remains layered with tones of Grey, Green, Brown, orange and red with interspersing water bodies. The blue sky looks marvelous when viewed against the rugged Ladakh landscape capped with snow and lush green patches of vegetation. The streams here make the scene more vibrant and lively. If you want to experience something surrealistically beautiful, then Leh Ladakh are the places where you should be.
- If you are a big fan of chukkas and momos, then here is where you will find the best of their varieties. Yes, you can find these dishes everywhere in India and in many other parts of the world, but the expertise with which they are made here is simply unmatched. The fact that Ladakh is home to a lot of Indo Tibetan people makes momos and chukkas such an amazing food item to experience here.
- If you are in Leh Ladakh just to be off the grid, then the barren lands here will certainly help you. You can find a calm place from where huge stretches of barren land can be viewed and then sit there for hours on end, thinking about nothing. This will definitely help you get into a meditative state. You will feel much more energized and happy after this practice.
- If you are fond of trekking, then you’ll be happy to know that there are many trekkable mountain passes and peaks available out here. By scaling great heights, you’ll definitely feel like you are on top of the world. The best trekking destination? Definitely chadar trek Ladakh!
- If you have a spiritual side to yourself, then Leh-Ladakh has a lot to offer you. Ladakh is home to some of the most amazing and ancient Buddhist monasteries and gompas in the world. The peculiar rituals followed here and the indigenous attire monks wear as well as the vibrant festivals held here- everything will make you feel extremely delighted. Despite the fact that these places remain teeming with people throughout the year, there is a sense of calmness you will find in these spiritual monuments.
With so many amazing reasons to visit Ladakh, there is no reason why you shouldn’t consider spending your next holidays here, seriously. Don’t worry about how to reach here; there are many amazing Leh Ladakh tour packages available these days. You can contact a good travel agent and then choose a package that suits your needs and requirements well.